however-
some blogs are not.
one such non-lame blog that i read is The Pioneer Woman's . I'm pretty sure many of my obligated friends read her blog too, just without the obligation aspect.
I would now like to take you on a photographic journey through the night during which I met the Pioneer Woman....
She walks out of the stage door. Everyone stands up and blocks my flash.
She's getting closer. I see she is wearing a purple velvet blazer thing yet looks awesome.
Then she sits down to answer questions and be funny and smart and more awesome. I come to the realization that even without flash blockers, my camera is worthless.
Then she does Napoleon Dynamite and Ethel Merman impressions- only one of which i have to google when i get home to fully appreciate.
Then I got Marlboro Man's autograph. I talked to MM! It was a magical moment which Beth Ann tired to capture on my camera from the other side of the room. The picture didn't turn out quite like I had hoped.
Then Beth Ann got autographs from PW's two sons who were hilarious and adorable x2. I cry silently to myself after seeing my face in the picture of me and MM.
Then it's time for the real deal. People line up for PW. My friend Ashleigh and her mom were there and had really good ticket numbers. To spite my camera, i take some shots with my iPhone.

Then my turn arrives. I sit down and immediately begin blabbering a story about this burn mark on my nose from a tragic grease splatter incident that occurred while trying to make her chicken fried steak the night before in celebration of THIS VERY MOMENT.
After realizing I got some blah on her jacket, I show her my sweaty palms and explain I'm nervous.
Then I confess that the grease splatter burn only occurred because I don't own the proper kitchen utensils.
Then a miracle- she laughs with/at me. It's possible that this picture only captured a coincidental moment where we are both laughing at the same time, but if you squint, it looks like she thinks I'm funny.
And finally, here we are. Just two bloggers, faces overexposed by my remorseless camera flash.
Hi.Cute blog. I read your comment on PW's comment page and hit your link.....Thanks for posting.I wish I could go to a signing but she doesn't have anything scheduled for MI.
ReplyDeleteHi! I clicked over from PW. I enjoyed your account of the book signing. You're funny!
ReplyDeleteI too came from the PW comment link and book marked your blog because it is funny! My camera is awful to and I got some bad pics and then the battery decided to die right before I sat down to see her! Good thing my friend brought her camera!
ReplyDeleteLook...you've already got new fans. P-Dub is the woman!!! ;)
ReplyDeleteIf she puts you on the main page you're gonna be quite the rockstar blogger within seconds! :)
And I agree with everyone else...you're funny :)
And I'm glad you're my friend!!
Hey! Did you see that one other blogger had a picture of you getting MM autograph - do you know that blogger? (MarlaDekeyser - she's a couple comments up from your's on PW) Thanks for posting about the signing!
ReplyDeleteI am coming over from PW's site, too! Thanks so much for blogging about your awesome opportunity to meet Ree and her family! The pictures are all great, too! I get to experience it through your eyes as I am many states away! Thanks, again for posting!
ReplyDeleteHelen
Came over from PW, too. I think what is hilarious is that your photos look exactly as they would if it had been I who took them. Yep. We're both natural born photographers. It's easy for us to morph into bloggers.
ReplyDeleteThankyou for the photo's, it was very fun to read your story :-)
ReplyDeletesigned
theresa in Alberta
awww, your blog is most certainly NOT lame. I loved your captions and story....though, you're right, you might want to invest in a new camera. I'm so envious you got to meet MM. I have a secret crush on him. How could you NOT when you read Ree's blog. Keep it up, I'd come back to read your blog again and again....
ReplyDeleteAgape
Holy crap!!!! You're not going to believe this! Poster #203 took a picture of MM signing his book WITH YOU!!!!!! And its a great picture, not a "possessed skeleton" one. You should go look, how crazy is that?
ReplyDeleteAgape